Friday, June 12, 2009

Imaginary Traveler?

Yesterday as I was driving Will to his last day of pre-school, we had the following conversation:

"Mommy, how long would it take to walk to North Carolina?"
"Walk to North Carolina? That would take a long time. Why would you want to walk to North Carolina?"
"Just how long would it take?"
"Well, I don't know. Probably a week or longer if you walked all day."
"The reason I wanted to know is because I heard a guy talking about someone and he said, 'He's going to walk to North Carolina.' That's why I wanted to know how long it would take."
"Who was this person you overheard?"
"I don't know. He was just a guy in the woods. See - right there. Did you see him?"
"No."
"Oh, he's gone now."
"What did this person look like?"
"I'm not sure. I mean, he had blue eyes, but I'm not sure what the shape of his head was. Actually, I think he had a round head and square arms."
"Huh. Interesting."