Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And I thought it was caused by gamma exposure

For some reason, my kids are not big milk fans. Olivia will drink it with cereal, Will not so much. Their doctor has told me not to worry - it's just a beverage with calcium - so as long as they get their calcium elsewhere, we're fine. Luckily they both love yogurt and cheese and for some weird reason, they don't mind milk when it has the word "chocolate" in front of it.

Still we worry. Today Phil sent me an article about the link between Calcium and Autism, oh my, so I redoubled my efforts, bribing the kids with a cookie if they would each drink a glass of milk. I mean, who doesn't like milk with their cookies?

Olivia finished her milk first and I launched into a spontaneous "I'm proud of you. Look at your strong bones" song. Olivia flexed her muscles and dancing along with my song said, "Look, Mom. I'm the Hulk. I'm the Incredible Hulk. I'm green." First of all - cutest thing ever. Second, who taught her about the Hulk?

Update: Will just finished his glass of milk. HALLELUJAH!