Monday, February 6, 2012

{Madame Smartie Pants}

It's a sad day when you realize your kids are wising up to your tricks.  A few days ago, Olivia asked me if I could read her mind. I've told the kids before that I can read their mind and usually can guess pretty close each time. I figure it will come in handy when they are teenagers if they think I can read their minds, so I told her yes and she asked me to prove it.

I told her to think of something and I would tell her what she was thinking.

"Okay, Mommy, I'm ready. What am I thinking?

"You tell me and I'll tell you if I was right," I countered.

"No way! You just want me to tell you and then you will say that's what you were thinking even if it wasn't!"

Caught red-handed, I started to laugh and so did she.  "I can read your mind, Mommy!"