Sunday, January 23, 2011

{Sign of the Times} - *NEW & UPDATED*

Today in primary, our good friend Rocky Garff gave the bishopric message to the children and asked them how God communicates with us. Will answered, "Sign language!" and felt adamently that he was correct.

Later, after church, I asked him, "Will, how does God talk to us?" He answered, "The Scriptures and through the Holy Ghost after we pray to him.  Well, actually, I thought Sign Language & that wasn't the right answer.  I just thought you know, maybe we could see just his hands in our head - not his body- just his hands and he could use Sign Language to talk to us."

Update: I later found out that Rocky started off his talk by having the kids do a silent version of Simon Says where he just did things like putting his hands on his head or over his mouth or touching his shoulders. He didn't say anything, but wanted to see if the kids would follow him. He then asked, "Why do you think I did those things?" Will answered, "So you could have us follow you and have you control us." 


He cracks me up!  It did make more sense why his mind was thinking Sign Language after learning about Rocky's "object lesson".