Friday, December 25, 2009

{overheard on christmas morn}

After all of the presents were opened, Will exclaimed "Wow Mommy! I think we were so good that Santa brought us ALL of the presents from his sleigh!"

When I finished emptying my stocking, Will said sadly, "I guess you weren't very good this year because Santa didn't put very much in your stocking." Ouch. Actually, Santa was just working long hours, including all day on Christmas Eve. I'm sure he'll make it up to me.


Olivia after opening her Pink Castle: "Oh! It's exactly what I wanted! Thank you soooo much!"

"Mommy, which of these should I do first?" Will asked, referring to the two presents from Grandpa Chapman (a Color Explosion color board & Crayola Glow Station).
              "Whichever one you want to play with Will, it's up to you."
"But I'm so excited for both of them.  Will you please choose for me? I can decide because I want to do both of them!"

From both Will & Olivia: "This is the Best Christmas EVER!" and in reference to the cookies I made for Santa that they of course each sampled, "Mommy, you are the best cookie maker ever!"