Monday, December 14, 2009

{Dear Santa}

We had an impromptu visit with Santa the weekend of Thanksgiving. We headed into Georgetown for lunch and yummy cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes.  As we were walking through the mall to our destination, Phil and the kids were literally grabbed by Santa's elves.  Apparently Santa was bored because there wasn't a line of children waiting to see him. Though I was planning on their first (and only) Santa visit to be at SantaLand in NYC next weekend, Will & Olivia readily jumped up on his lap and made themselves comfortable.

Afterwards, I asked them both what they had asked for.

Olivia told me excitedly, "A pink castle!"

Will surprised us all when he said, "I told him I wasn't sure what I want. I said I'd have to think about it a little bit and get back to him."

Wow. I bet that was a first for Santa!