Saturday, July 23, 2011

{Weird Child Protection Tactics}

Last week we were in Utah for various reasons. While on a grocery shopping trip, at the end of a long day, Phil and I divided forces, each of us taking one child and half of the grocery list.  I got to have Will as my shopping companion and he decided he was tired and wanted to sit in the front of the cart (something I quickly realized he has outgrown).

We cruised up and down the aisles looking for food and in his usual form, Will was a source of non-stop chatter, questions, observations and sounds.  After a few minutes of him making annoying sounds, I said, "Will, why are you being so weird?"

He shrugged his shoulders and then replied with earnest, "You know, Mom, it's a good thing that I am weird. Because if someone takes me away, they will totally just give me right back."