Friday, March 4, 2011

{Kiss & Tell}

Tonight, Olivia crawled up on my lap and whispered in my ear, "Mom, today Sophie and her friends chased Will and kissed him! But don't tell Will I told you!"

Shortly thereafter, Will came in the room, and I asked him, "Will, did anything happen at school today that you want to tell me about?"

He turned about 6 shades of red, and knowing his secret was out, said sheepishly, "Sophie and her friends chased me at school and kissed me! I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would be mad."

Of course I wasn't mad! We teased him relentlessly and of course had to get every excruciating detail out of him, but I made sure he knew that he can always tell me anything especially when it comes to girls and he doesn't need to worry about me being mad.

My favorite part of this whole story is that Will wanted to share his secret with his sister! Of course I also love that she immediately came to tell me (she'll have to be a little more sly about that if she wants to continue to be on the receiving end of his secrets!). But it made me so incredibly happy to see their friendship go to a whole new level.