Sunday, January 17, 2010

{A Labor of Love}

For about 6 months now, both Will & Olivia have had small chores to do around the house. They are both so eager to help, so I figure I better make the most of it!  One of Will's jobs is to open the shutters downstairs in the morning and close them at night when it starts to get dark.  At first, he was great about doing it without being asked, but lately has needed repeated reminders.  I recently found the cutest reward chart online and printed a version for both Will & Olivia.  Will has been super excited to earn stars and has asked me repeatedly for more things he can do for me to earn more stars {WHOO HOO!}.  He gets a star for doing the blinds if I don't have to ask him first. So far, he's been doing it everyday.

Yesterday, as I was hurrying to get out the door for work, Will informed me, "Mom, I did the blinds today without being asked. I just want you to know that I really don't like to do the blinds. It's not something I like to do, but I did it because I know it helps you and I love you.  I do them because I love you."

What more can I ask for?