Saturday, November 14, 2009

{BEE Grateful (for Priceless Moments)}

I hope I can do this justice and I so wish I had been holding a video camera to capture this precious moment.
Last week, as I was leaving for work, Olivia came upstairs to show me her dress up costume. She and our babysitter Kathryn were having lots of fun getting dressed up like princesses. I suddenly remembered that I had purchased a bee costume for her at CVS before Halloween. They had all their costumes on a ridiculous sale and I couldn't pass up the darling bee costume. I figured it would be a nice addition to her dress up box and was waiting for the right time to give it to her.

As I pulled it out of the sack and Olivia saw if for the first time, she exclaimed (and enunciated each word).
"OH. MY. GOSH!  IS THAT FOR ME? OH MOMMY! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! IT IS BE-U-TIFUL! I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!"

She stripped off her princess dress in record time so that she could don the bee costume.  Her reaction was so much more than I could have ever hoped for.