Sunday, July 5, 2009

Olivia at 3

If you had been in our house this morning as Olivia opened her birthday presents, you might have heard:

"Oh my gosh! I am going to freak out!" (when I told her the big green present was from Daddy)

"Oh that is bea-u-tiful!"

"Thank you so much Mommy for getting me a Hello Kitty watch." (She told my friend Jana at church that her watch is fragile. Jana said to me, "What three year old knows what fragile is?!")

"You have got to be kidding me!"

"Oh! It's GORGEOUS!"

"Mommy, can I open the next present, please?"

"Look at how CUTE this is!"

"OH! MY! GOSH! I LOVE IT!"

There were also many GASPS! and "WHAT!'s"

Olivia's big present was a play vanity from Pottery Barn Kids. I assembled it late last night and snuck it into her room, complete with a huge pink bow. I was sure it would be the first thing she saw when she woke up and couldn't wait to hear her reaction. She came running into my room and exclaimed,

"Mom! You are never going to believe what is in my room! It's amazing!"

And so are you, sweet Olivia. Happy Birthday and we hope this year is your best yet!